Norway travel update



Find out if you need adapters or converters for your devices

Norway uses Northern European electrical standards (50 hz/220240 volts) so converters or transformers may be required for small electrical appliances brought from home.

We do not recommend bringing a hair dryer from North America; many hotels have hair dryers in guest rooms.

Some appliances, like chargers for laptops, digital cameras or mobile phones, may already be compatible with multiple voltages and may just need a travel adapter. Norway uses the standard Euro plug socket with two round prongs so you can use adapter types “C” or “F” (often labelled as a Northern Europe adapter). Make sure to check the voltage labels on your appliances or chargers to see if you need to use just an adapter or a converter/transformer with an adapter.

Converters and adapters are available for purchase in Norway at many major hotels and guesthouses, electronics stores and some souvenir shops and bookstores.

We are here to help

Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.

here to help