A self-drive tour is a fantastic way to experience Norway at a flexible pace. As a well-established local travel agency, we are able to provide our self-drive customers an excellent selection of vehicles from a reputable car rental agency as well as plenty of tools to help navigate Norway with ease.
For your own unforgettable road trip in Norway, you can select one of our popular self-drive tours or request your own custom-made itinerary by using our contact form.
Rental car types for Norway: (see details)
|Volkswagen Polo or similar||Economy||Automatic|
|Suzuki Vitara or similar||Compact||Automatic|
|Toyota Corolla Stationwagon or similar||Indermediate Wagon||Automatic|
|Volkswagen Passat station wagon or similar||Standard Wagon||Automatic|
|Toyota RAV4 or similar||Intermediate SUV||Automatic|
Included in all rentals:
• Basic liability insurance coverage
• Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
• Unlimited mileage
• Airport/city surcharge
• Norwegian VAT @ 25.5%
• Fuel or oil
• Overnight parking at hotels
• Parking fees, parking fines, or towing charges
• Fines for traffic violations
• Fees for ferries, tunnels, or toll roads
• Negligent vehicle damage (e.g., due to incorrect fuel, alcohol/drug use, off-road driving, etc.)
• Insurance upgrades (e.g. theft of personal belongings, personal injury, roadside assistance, etc.)
• Additional driver(s)
• Child seat
• GPS navigation system
• Other special equipment (e.g. snow chains, roof rack, etc.) subject to availability
*Optional features are available for an additional fee and can be selected at the local car rental office at time of pick-up.
Payment information: A valid credit card is required by the car rental company - your rental agent will make an imprint of your card for security reasons when you come to collect your car. Your voucher covers the cost of the rental, but the imprint may be used to pay all extra charges or cost due to the use of the rented vehicle. Most major credit cards are accepted, and the credit card must be in the driver’s name. No cash is accepted.
• A valid national driver’s license, which has been held for at least one year, is required for all rentals. An International Driver’s Permit (IDP) may also be required.
• Vehicles travel on the right side of the road in all Nordic countries.