Norway travel guide
- Getting to Norway - information about airports and airlines in Norway
- Practical information - details about what to bring, weather and more
- About Norway - useful and interesting facts about Norway
- Accommodation - information about accommodation categories and types
- Rental cars and driving in Norway - what is included with our self-drive tours
With miles of majestic fjords, towering mountains and tumbling waterfalls, it's no wonder that Norway is among the top travel destinations in the world for nature lovers. But visitors are also drawn to the country's friendly people and well-preserved cultural heritage, as can be been in cities like the Viking Age city of Trondheim, the medieval trading city of Bergen or the former mining village of Røros.
The country is also noted for its extreme seasonal changes in light, particularly the contrasting phenomena of the midnight sun and the northern lights. From mid-May to the end of July, the sun is visible 24 hours per day in the northernmost parts of the country, whereas from November to February shimmering auroras can be seen in the night skies. The best places to see these wonders in action is above the Arctic Circle, in towns like Kirkenes or Tromsø or on board a cruise ship sailing along the rugged coastline.
Whether you're planning to explore beautiful Norway by cruise ship, train or rental car, our handy Norway Travel Guide will help you prepare for your unforgettable journey!